Selection of previous work:
The Wearable Body
- CONCEPT & DESIGN - The nude body as a costume design; The Wearable Body. Bodies are cloned and transformed into separate, wearable products to be worn by other people. The work raised from a research towards nudity in art and modern Dutch society and resulted in what van Geffen calls ‘artificial’ vulnerability. The items are made of painted skin latex and applied in different layers on the bodies of models. Tattoos and piercings of the cloned bodies are recreated in the fashion products. All items are handcrafted. Photography by Robert van der Ree and van Geffen.
The Wearable Body Exhibition
- CONCEPT & DESIGN - Solo exhibition which includes photographs, latex fashion and a film with soundscape. Splendor Amsterdam hosted the exhibition in 2017. Photography by Robert van der Ree and van Geffen. Film by video artist Michiel Ubels. Soundscape by composer Luke Deane.
Lohengrin - Royal Concert Building Orchestra
- COSTUME & MASK - Lohengrin, performing at the Royal Concert building in Amsterdam '15. Swan represented by a dancer, hand puppet made with silecone. The 3D printed masks symbolise the expanded powers of Ortrud (Soprano). Special thanks to: 3D Head Scan by Sample and Hold London, UK and Printed by Estrin-3D, Laren, the Netherlands.
We Cannot Sleep - Luke Deane
- SET & COSTUME - Virtual reality opera performing at Grachtenfestival '17, Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam. A story about a woman who struggles with depression after losing her child. The audience steps into a virtual dream world with her, putting on 3D glasses. Composed and directed by Luke Deane.
In the solitude of the cotton fields - Julie Peters
- COSTUME & PROPS - Theatre piece about two strangers crossing each other at night time. Frascati Theater Amsterdam '16. Directed by Julie Peters.
Akasha - Rosa Ensemble
- COSTUME & PROPS - Akasha, Rotterdam Opera Days '16. All characters are mainly lit by led light in their costumes, through carefully chosen fabrics. Each costume (prop) represents a different culture or time. Composed by Daniel Cross. Costume design assistance by Amber de Saeger.
Light/ Space Modulator
- COLLABORATION DESIGN - Project created by a research towards light as an object, inspired by lighting artists Olafur Eliasson and James Turrell. Lights on opposite sides of the room project shapes on two 2x2m rotating pieces of transparent screen, creating changing perspectives floating in space. Light/Space modulator is a collaboration between Ivo Clason, Richard Proudley and Brenda van Geffen